Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectThanksgiving 2020 ... what's yalls plan?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13403624
13403624, Thanksgiving 2020 ... what's yalls plan?
Posted by MEAT, Tue Sep-15-20 01:38 PM
We canceled family Thanksgiving yesterday
And nobody complained.
My moms boss has a lakehouse and he lets his employees use it for cleaning fees, no smoking, no animals ... that's all he asks.

He has two jet skis, a boat, plenty of space and game rooms ... it's a great gesture from a boss.

Nobody in our family has anything of the sort, not even close ... so for the last x number of years we've been doing Thanksgiving there. But not this year.

Think we'll maybe do a zoom Turkey Day

----------

13403625, My family doesn't do the big table thing anyway so nothing is
Posted by SuiteLady, Tue Sep-15-20 01:47 PM
changing on my end.

My mom is one of 11. It was cool to do that every year when they all had their first batch of kids, but once second kids came around and first kids got older and acquired spouses and produced grands.... it became too much. Too many people! Too much food to buy! Too much cooking! Too much cleanup. So everyone sectioned off into their immediate families for Thanksgiving in the late 90's.

Me and my mama will eat here at my house just like we have every other year.
13403628, Prolly having it at my in-laws. We just spent a week there
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Sep-15-20 02:11 PM
and we mask up around my FIL since he had a lung transplant last year.
13403637, the same family thanksgiving at my aunt's as usual
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Tue Sep-15-20 02:59 PM
13403639, not quite sure yet
Posted by mista k5, Tue Sep-15-20 03:04 PM
my brother has talked about trying to get my mom and sister to come to town. my other brother has talked about going out to houston to visit them instead.

i kinda do want to go visit if they arent coming.