Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectyes, i typed that reply after the credits rolled.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13403162&mesg_id=13403321
13403321, yes, i typed that reply after the credits rolled.
Posted by Brotha Sun, Fri Sep-11-20 05:34 PM
Marketers interfering with politics and america using psyops to manipulate foreign governments existed long before social media. social media just made it easier for them to do, but its always been a thing. the duality of the internet age is more people are privy to this information.

what was missed in the documentary is that misinformation is so easily believed because our country has a record of blatantly lying about things. This distrust in the media doesnt exist in a vacuum. The Dreadloc white guy said people are radicalized because they're "isolated and cant have civil conversations with each other," which is hella ahistorical. America has a history of "radicalism" it refuses to reckon with and the people will perpetuate that with or without an algorithm.

i think the concept of regulating and fact cheking the political content thats posted on major sites would be dope. Not sure how that would be enforced without backlash tho. we can't even get people to wear masks.