Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectoh man, that sounds dope. the oldest is 3 and is just starting...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13403029&mesg_id=13403060
13403060, oh man, that sounds dope. the oldest is 3 and is just starting...
Posted by double negative, Wed Sep-09-20 08:11 PM
his favorite question is "what is ____ doing?" or "what are you doing?"

he hates it when I'm busy and instead of saying "yes" to a question I'll say "mmhmm".

One day I was cleaning up.

He asks "daddy...what you doing?"

I said "cleaning." - I was trying to get shit done, no need to explain my every move like "ok, now I'm putting these things in the box"

He asks again, "daddy...what you doing?"

I said "cleaning." this time kind of annoyed because he can ask the same question 10 times after receiving the same answer 10 times.

Then he put some bass in his voice for a 3 year old and says "NO. WHAT. ARE. YOU. DOING?"

like...did this dude just get extra black with me?

the baby is now 1. his hand eye coordination is shit as a it should be, hes only 1. if hes not doing something he feels left out so I make it a habit to always have something to hand to him or else he will flail until I set him down so he can break, tear or eat whatever the fuck it is we're all enjoying. I handed him some random plastic toy thing which kept him entertained while I moved from room to room picking up shit. Out of the blue he drops it, so I pick up and hand it to him and he immediately tosses it forcefully on the ground - we looked at each other but his face said "I said what I said."