Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectim really not that complicated.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13402919&mesg_id=13403001
13403001, im really not that complicated.
Posted by Reeq, Wed Sep-09-20 01:51 PM
i believe politics has a dramatic effect on lives. especially that shit that takes place in politics that people dont pay attention to or dont think will affect their lives that much. and thats something a lot of people are either unintentionally ignorant to or willfully dismissive of.

i dont know why people treat politics as a separate track inconsequential to their daily lives. thats an almost uniquely american thing (among modernized western societies).

1 political outcome/decision...in the form of a judicial appointment, a law passed, an election altering oppo drop or scandal, etc...can have tangible ramifications for several *generations*.

i dont see how anyone who knows anything about history can disagree with that.

shit you can pretty much directly pin almost everything happening now to a ripple from the election of george w bush in 2000.

if you believe that an audio drop could have lowered deaths back in march or april...i dont understand how you can criticize me for my belief that even more deaths could be prevented by the current timing. its about saving real lives right?

it seems like something we should just be agreeing/disagreeing on the hypothetical results of and not soapboxing about how one is more morally superior (especially if the alternative may actually be better for life/society).