Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectPut me in coach, I got this one
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13402919&mesg_id=13402934
13402934, Put me in coach, I got this one
Posted by double negative, Wed Sep-09-20 12:20 PM
when it comes to the MAGA reaction...

-IF it's a story that involves sources THEN the tactic is to question the sources, scoff at use of anonymous sources and keep it moving.

-IF it's documented evidence of Trump showing contempt for "them" THEN deny the core statement, lean on Trump's use of ambiguous/open ended statements and say "this is out of context, what he REALLY means is..."

-IF it's documented evidence of Trump showing contempt for something important to MAGA culture (i.e., religion, military, etc), THEN cut off the nose. Lean on ambiguous language and then state "well, this thing was not important to US to begin with"

-IF it's something very clearly bad, with documented evidence and stated extremely clearly with zero ambiguity and there is no way to squirm out of the discussion...

THEN approach the following flow:

1. is the disparaging statement or reprehensible thing on or about shithole countries or "them"? If YES then agree, "Yes, shithole country/people or thing is destroying your hard work and America".
If NO go to 2.

2. is the disparaging statement or reprehensible thing on or about MAGA and "us"? If YES say nothing. Nothing at all. Find a liberal/democrat concept you feel is tearing the country apart. Complain about that. Do not let up.

So - nothing. Not a goddamn thing will be said. They don't self reflect on the shit that you think matters.