Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRE: his supporters don't give a fuck. he hates the right people
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13402668&mesg_id=13402684
13402684, RE: his supporters don't give a fuck. he hates the right people
Posted by jimaveli, Sat Sep-05-20 02:19 PM
>He gets away with this shit because, ultimately, his
>supporters care more about whether he hates the same people
>they do, supports the same pseudoscience in a way that
>validates their own stupidity, supports Israel, etc.
>
>Those people do not give half a fuck about this.

I will steal this..pretty much word for word. 'He hates the right people' especially. And sadly, I think this is all he needs to keep him in the mix. And yeah, it pretty much not about what he says..if it was, he would've never made it this far.

To me, a bunch of the super heavy military folks who dig DT are insecure as dudes and at least a lil racist. And they want an excuse for being jealous of rich/popular/cool athletes. In a way, it makes sense..if I went to war/risked my life, I'd love to believe that the average Murrican dude would be really proud of me and happy for my existence. But even that pride and happiness pales in comparison to have much the average bro fawns over celebrities and sports stars.

But when you let someone tell you that kneeling to protest police brutality is disrespectful to the military, you're a bit of an easy target IMO. You know DT laughs when he comes with some of these talking points that his base loves him for.