Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectIf I like a song, I like it... nothing more or less than that for me
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13402427&mesg_id=13403319
13403319, If I like a song, I like it... nothing more or less than that for me
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Fri Sep-11-20 05:00 PM
A lot of weird shit has been mentioned in this post, but for me, I just like the song and the album.

I haven't been a the biggest fan of Beyonce's music throughout the years, but I do feel like it's progressively gotten better as of late. I personally think she's evolving artistically. She also hasn't done anything I feel is worthy of writing her off forever. Even if she had, I'm the kind of person who can appreciate music solely for the artistic value of it.

Her previous image isn't a huge concern for me. Black women and men alike have very unique struggles concerning how to present, what we're challenging, whether we want to avoid stereotypes or disregard them altogether, etc. We have journeys. Is her current presentation disengenuous? I have no idea. I just know I like where she is currently. I also like that she uplifts Black women WITHOUT downing Black men. She's even married to one. If we can't even allow our brothers and sisters to have a journey and path to "enlightenment" and betterment, then what's even the point of all this preaching and teaching niggas be doing? Why do your insights matter if you gonna bash Black people who seemingly take heed to them? Niggas just be wanting to sound smart but don't really gaf about the community for real.

Anyone suggesting they can't appreciate Beyonce because they SIMULTANEOUSLY grew up on Dionne Warwick and Mary J Blige (as if that's even possible) should be written off as either a white person trying to stir division with Black folks or just a complete troll... which is all that person ever does.

My bad if I'm off topic, but I just used this comment to address other trolling and wannabe-deep comments in the post.