Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectHis explanation email:
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13401744&mesg_id=13401888
13401888, His explanation email:
Posted by CIPHA, Mon Aug-31-20 10:50 AM
Hey My Friend,

I wanted to check back in with you.

On Friday, just a few hours before we learned of the death of Chadwick Boseman, I sent an email out just asking people to check in with me. Thousands and thousands of you replied with the most heartfelt, and sometimes gut-wrenching messages.

On Saturday morning, I had a pre-scheduled email going out about my new book - and because I had not mentioned Chadwick's death in my previous email, I wanted to be sure to mention him at the top of Saturday's email.

My whole family was hurt by his death. I lost my own dear brother to cancer and know how painful such a loss can be. When I mentioned Chadwick's death in my email on Saturday, it was not as a cheap ploy to sell books. That's gross.

As I have said over and over again, I don't even make a penny when the book gets purchased. I didn't send the email for clout or personal gain either.

I poured my heart and soul into the book, and walk readers through step by step of how they can use their lives to really change the world. And I sincerely just wanted people to have some answers and clarity during such a hard time.

Anyway, because some people have subscribed to this email whose only goal is to find errors and fault, people then started posting that I was trying to profit off of Chadwick's death. Of course I wasn't. He was literally just on my mind - and I knew his death was on your mind - and simply wanted to acknowledge this. In fact, I thought it would be in bad taste to send the email and not mention him.

Nonetheless, it trended on Twitter, in the worst ways, and it pretty much sucks.

Yeah. So there's that.

I just wanted to reach out to let you know that I appreciate your support and hope that you know I was not using this man's death to sell books. Goodness gracious.

Love you all,

Shaun