Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjecti don't fear that because its capitalism
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13401475&mesg_id=13401737
13401737, i don't fear that because its capitalism
Posted by Damali, Sat Aug-29-20 01:05 PM
>... is that (a) insurance companies will find some excuse(s)
>to deny claims, and/or will run out of money and literally be
>unable to pay (the smaller ones, obviously not the national
>behemoths).

>Then you're at the mercy of the state as a businessowner as
>far as accessing/getting any kind of money. Which is never
>guaranteed.

greedy capitalism is a dirty game and when you play in the sandbox, you will eventually get sand on you.

This is why the entire system needs to be dismantled. The insurance industry is completely corrupt. It is not designed to do what those of us who purchase it expect it to do. It's designed for one purpose: to not pay claims and for the company owners to enrich themselves.

Therefore, the eventual outcome is always that we will not be made whole from insurance. i pay for car insurance because its required in order for me to own a car. I know for a fact that that will never work out in my favor. Cuz if i have an accident or any loss, my insurance payments will increase as a result.

And who are the people likely the pay the most insurance premiums (hint: car insurance premiums are paritally based on your zipcode and your credit score)? Black people.

>I want to be clear that I'm only offering some context to the
>situations that many small businessowners may find themselves
>trying to navigate, depending on which state they
>reside/operate in, etc. I am 100% on the side of protesters
>fucking burning it all down in response to these ongoing
>racist atrocities.

I totally get where you're coming from...that's why i took the time to write what i wrote just now...

but we are all connected in this system, cuz even amongst "small business owners", they don't have equal access to the tools & mechanisms to stay in business, because systemic racism. So even their interests aren't always converging. white business owners can get access to lines of credit and other loan instruments that Black ones rarely do (see: the recent debacle with Paycheck Protection Program loans)

again, the whole system has to fall and be rebuilt from a place of equity. people selfishly holding on to what they think is theirs won't help.

d