Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI used some of that 10K to buy our first house
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13400636&mesg_id=13400859
13400859, I used some of that 10K to buy our first house
Posted by legsdiamond, Tue Aug-25-20 08:40 AM
and we just did a refi for a 10 year loan.

I have a 3 and a 4 year old and they already have a nice amount saved away for their college funds.

I damn sure expect to leave my kids a lot more than my parents and grandparents left us. House will be paid off before they go to college and the plan is to buy another property as well. Now that our kids aren’t in daycare our finances are looking lovely. I know this won’t last forever and kids will have other expenses but if we can save 60% of what we spend on daycare and invest it we should see a nice return over the next 10 years.

I’ve been blessed to marry into a family that knows the value of owning property. My wife’s fam owns a ton of property and I’m leaning on them for the best way to win. My FIL is a retired Nuclear Engineer so he is caked up and my MIL owns a few properties and knew exactly when to sell investment properties right before the bubble burst.

I definitely wish I would’ve invested back in 2008 when I had a few stacks but I had no idea about diving into the market right after it crashed. That shit sounded wild dumb back then but of course.. I was younger and trying to have fun instead of thinking long term.