Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectmy question is, how do they need space for a finished product
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13400466&mesg_id=13401449
13401449, my question is, how do they need space for a finished product
Posted by Cold Truth, Thu Aug-27-20 06:53 PM
Were they reacting to an early leak of a rough cut, I'd be able to see that take.

But this is the released product, with a video and all. This is what it is, so what is it that needs to be worked out?

AB and I send beats to each other all the time, and we'll nitpick all kinds of shit, because we're working out our ideas.

He's sent beats that are pretty much perfect as-is.... except that he didn't make good enough use of the stereo field, or some shit. I've sent countless sketches.

That's a process. That's working things out.

But if I put up a sketch on itunes, record a video, etc, that's the released product. There's nothing to work out. The time and space needed for that process has passed, and it's now been made available for public consumption.

That said, i get it if you think the criticism is to harsh, or doesn't seem proportionate to the quality of the track, etc. I think it's a dope song personally, and don't get the criticism at all. I can see, say, the critique that there's not much nuance put into the criticism of the song.

But I have a hard time with the idea that two all time greats aren't being given sufficient space to work out a finished product. That may also be semantic, and how I'm interpreting your thoughts may not be in line with what you intended to say.