Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI thought episode 7 was fun
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13399669&mesg_id=13405516
13405516, I thought episode 7 was fun
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Tue Sep-29-20 06:24 AM
"I AM' being a Black woman with a huge afro was just plain fantastic.
My favorite thing about the episode.

Hippolyta's entire journey of self-discovery was enjoyable from realizing she was mad at herself for allowing white folks to make her feel small to George painfully admitting that he allowed her to shrink for his sake. I'm interested in what's gonna come of her when she returns to the show's time period now. I never watch previews for the next week, so it'll be fun to find out.
I was confused when they played Lady Marmalade until I realized they were kinda playing that as the score and not the piece they were performing to. LM came about 20 or 30 yrs after that period. What's interesting the B-side was "Space Children" which very much fits Hippolyta's journey this episode.

In a weird way, I'm kinda glad there's the scene where Tic and Leti see Montrose's boyfriend leaving. It was just real... especially for the time period. Then we have Tic realizing Montrose beating him as a child was about Montrose's own insecurity and self unacceptance. And he's rightfully pissed off. Poor Leti just doesn't know WHAT to say, so she tries to introduce some good news.

Things could get really messy here if Ruby tells Christina about the orrery, since she was peeking in while Leti was on the phone.

Other than that, I hope Tic finds the book, and Ruby was looking fine AF when Hippolyta dropped Diana off lol.