Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectJust gets better and better. Episode 3 done really started some shit.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13399669&mesg_id=13401959
13401959, Just gets better and better. Episode 3 done really started some shit.
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Mon Aug-31-20 03:53 PM
Of course I'm wondering if Atticus is gonna try to find Winthrop's pages and decode the language of Adam. Story line is fun and intriguing to me.The scene where they where she was chanting with the ghosts over Shirley Ceasar was ... oddly powerful. I love so much of the stuff they're doing here with the making sci-fi of our history and culture. Just such a joy to watch and appreciate US. During this episode, I found myself wondering if the show will continue on the strength of our love alone, because I can see white people hating that Black people are being shown as protagonsists and themselves as villains (exact opposte of what they tend to wanna see). I also came away wondering how any Black person into sci-fi could possibly NOT like this show. Then I come here lol. I remember having Game of Thrones recommended to me b/c my homie wanted to talk about it. It took me like 3 or 4 SEASONS before that shit was interesting to me. That first season was slow and boring af. This is us being done right in sci-fi so far. Brilliant stuff so far... not just some random BS thrown together but a very nicely developing storyline with intelligent Black people figuring their way through things. It was nice to see Letitia being the one figuring things out this episode. That's George, Atticus, and now Letitia who have all shown intelligence and not just been Black clutzes on screen on having to be saved by white people. You don't see this a lot when Black people share the screen with white people. I like that Atticus is always trying to protect Letitia. (uncle George stopped him when he was about to interfere with her family business, the policeman stopped him when he wanted to run to the car from the cabin, he offered to sleep in the basement and stand watch for her). Only minor knock there is a lot of his knowledge comes from white folk's military. Would've liked it if he was just a smart civilian who just read up. Also thought is was silly of his to not only try to shoot a damn sorcerer, but a white woman, BUT it did facilitate her line about killing white women, which is a line I can appreciate because with all the magic she has, she knows being a white woman is one of her most powerful tools. If that ain't some plain ol' reality for you.

Anyway, this episode was great imo. As the story builds, I'm just hoping this stays this good and stays on for many seasons. It's gonna have to us who support tho.