Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectpart of it's just people belonging or feeling they're part of a movement
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13399062&mesg_id=13400336
13400336, part of it's just people belonging or feeling they're part of a movement
Posted by Mynoriti, Thu Aug-20-20 11:41 AM
>I hope there's research being done on these types of people in
>real time. In other words I hope that someday we get *some*
>explanation for this left/moderate-to-right-wing-extremist
>wave we've seen with so many people since 2016. Because it
>doesn't make any logical sense.

Obama in 08 felt like something special and there seems to be two types of former Obama supporters. The much larger one of course make up a lot of the bro wing of Bernie's base and have convinced themselves that Obama duped them by running as the fox news version of Obama instead of the center/left guy he always openly was. The Obama to Trump ones are more all over the place in their reasoning. Some are easily influenced, and yes many are lying, but I know the girl i referenced legit supported Obama. But it seems it took another "movement". Trump and Bernie embodied that but you didn't see anyone flock from Obama to Romney.

Q, Tea Party, people who follow Jordan Peterson around, people with pepe the frog avatars, they feel like they belong to something and i gotta believe that's a big part of it. This just reminded me I need to peep the recent Frontline on conspiracy theories.