Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectMan. Word for fucking word I'm having this exact argument with someone.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13399062&mesg_id=13400222
13400222, Man. Word for fucking word I'm having this exact argument with someone.
Posted by Brew, Wed Aug-19-20 07:34 PM
>E: ALSO, fuck these fools, I've run into Q folk, flat earther
>types and they never come off with the researched facts. They
>will always say "nah bruh, you sleeping, you gotta do your
>research. LOOK IT UP MAN"
>
>like...that's not how you get people into things Robert.

Like to a T, he's saying those exact words. "Gotta do your own research that's the point" and all that bullshit. But he hasn't done his, so why would I continue watching these videos ? There's zero evidence behind any of it. I recognize this bullshit for what it is because I used to watch these types of videos all the time in college. It's compelling and exciting, but it's smoke and mirrors most of the time.

This dude's arguments on behalf of these videos are so fucking juvenile and intellectually lazy. I can't stand it. Arguing with a toddler. This person then gets upset that I'm "forming an opinion about qanon without all the facts" because I refuse to spend any more time with these horseshit videos than I already have (I watched the first just so I'd have some frame of reference). Mind you this same dude had some really strong opinions about BLM before he'd ever even visited their website or spoken to a single black person about BLM or their causes.

But facts don't exist to these dumb pieces of shit. Yet and still, they're so defiant about their "opinions" despite the fact that they're based on not a shred of supporting evidence, ever.

Oh, and this same dude also says all that tired shit about "nuclear families" and "individual choices" and all that type of doggshit that you referenced. Gawwwwwwwwd I'm getting heated just talking about this.

>I don't think we were ready for the internet. I blame our
>money brains for not being ready for this. This has all been
>like giving a type a personality a gigantic bag of crack and a
>pipe and saying "You know what to do. Turbo mode"

Yea I'm listening to a semi-corny but also really illuminating podcast called "The Last Archive," a recent episode of which talked about Congressional hearings about building a "data warehouse" that took place in the 60s. These hearings came at a time when the internet was in its absolute infancy, and when conspiracy theories were at an all time high for obvious reasons. Anyway there was one dude (his name escapes me but I wrote it down while listening) kept warning that Congress should enact some privacy laws to prepare for the inevitable. And, partly because they were ignorant about what all of this technology meant, partly because of the centuries-old conservative fearmongering bullshit about "big government," Congress did nothing.

Then the host played clips from the Facebook/Zuckerberg hearings about THIS EXACT SAME THING from 2018, when it was too damn late and when all our personal data had long been in the hands of every major corporation on the planet who wanted it.

That episode was so frustrating to listen to, but shouldn't have been. Because it's so typical of the US. We really are a shithole country.

Anyway the podcast has a lot of really great episodes, I recommend it.