Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectAll I know is, I told my daughter about the new VP pick
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13398801&mesg_id=13398978
13398978, All I know is, I told my daughter about the new VP pick
Posted by Cold Truth, Wed Aug-12-20 01:20 PM
She knows there's an election coming, and she knows she wants Trump gone yesterday.

So I explained who Biden was, that he is running to beat Trump, and that he selected his choice for VP.

After we discussed all of that, and how much this election means.

I showed her a picture of Kamala, and her entire face lit up.

I explained that this would be both the first woman, but also the first Black woman, to hold this office. Her excitement was palpable.

She's still excited today, and asked to see more of Kamala's pictures, and wants to learn more about the office of VP.

So, yes, yesterday was absolutely a glimmer. The next few months will be filled with rays of that same exuberance and hopefulness, for Black women and girls in particular. The selection was a moment unto itself, but it's only the beginning. That light's going to expand through the election.

There's a lot to be both excited and hopeful for right now, and it's time to focus on getting squarely behind this team going into the election, because we need to fucking win this.

I don't believe enough in enough people to be optimistic about our chances of getting Donald out of office, but this feels energizing.

Let's get it!