Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjecti'm waiting on it
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13397946&mesg_id=13398087
13398087, i'm waiting on it
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Fri Aug-07-20 03:58 PM

>
>Will there be any black female artists who don't have to be
>naked to be successful?
>

i had a good convo w/ my friends about the fact that i cannot wait for this thot rap era to be over with. i find Cardi endlessly entertaining overall, and i think Megan is gorgeous (you can tell this isn't her, but she's good at playing the role), but once we get to the 2nd/3rd tier acts i feel like im at the stripclub which does have its purpose. but nobody wants to be at the stripclub at 2pm on a Tuesday.

one of my boys (he actually works in the country music industry) LOVES the idea of thot rap even if he doesnt like the music because male thot rap is eternal, and we'd never say we were tired of it, and just expect women to put up with it.

my thing tho, is for all the criticisms of male rap content, the top 3 artist of our era are Drake (you can call it male thot rap i won't argue), then Kendrick and Cole who are considered to be "conscious" in a sense.

i don't even see a pathway for a female rapper to come by and be that sort of figure for women. i think the demand has to be there from women. it can't be somebody that guys are into first and foremost.