Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectNever made it to Tropical Soul for Versus
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13396877&mesg_id=13478275
13478275, Never made it to Tropical Soul for Versus
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Feb-08-23 10:21 AM
or I don’t remember because like you said, there was a lot of drinking and smoking in those days. I wonder why he wasn’t a fan of you going to Verse’s.. was it too poetry and not hip hop
enough for him? I think we had a hip hop night at Richie’s on Tuesdays.

I remember Eggleston’s before they moved to Croakers Spot. Even took my fam there for graduation fish sammiches. That joint was slamming. The host was a member of Tribe of Judah. I stopped through Croakers a few times over the years when passing through.

Thank goodness I missed that flood. I remember seeing photos with Shockoe Bottom deep under water. That was crazy.

Lorna was cool as hell. She was in charge of student activities so she gave us heads up on upcoming shows. She brought Poor Righteous Teachers to VCU! Man, we kicked it with them for hours talking about conspiracies and the back of a dollar bill. Also brought Special Ed but it got rained out. She also looked out and would book us for shows on campus and hit us off with a stack which was serious bread back then for a 30 minute set. I couldn’t believe it when I heard she passed.