Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI went through this post and spent a lot of time here yesterday
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13396877&mesg_id=13477867
13477867, I went through this post and spent a lot of time here yesterday
Posted by godleeluv, Thu Feb-02-23 06:31 AM
I watched a few interviews on YouTube and even went to her Dalladephia site. And then I watched the videos posted here on Malik B.

I can truly say that I am very clear now on why God blocked me from the music industry. I knew I had the talent. I was surrounded by people who were in the industry and they tried to change me into being a person who was ready for it. They downloaded a lot of thought processes into my mind from the age of 19-27 (1999-2007). And those years were the most frustrating of my life because although great music was being made in the studio and great talent was being showcased at open mics and poetry spots in Richmond, I was lost. I was lost and I didn’t get anywhere near close to the industry as I wanted to. So I can see why JW is so layered. She reminded me so much of the people I was around and tried to emulate during my time of trying to “make it”. It’s like so many personalities come out of her. So many emotions and so many demons that she has to feed with something to soothe them. Her face and eyes and anger sadden me because I literally went to bed and woke up with someone like that every day. I pray she can truly tap into that Christianity that she professes and give those demons over to Jesus.

I am thankful that I wasn’t allowed to get that deep into the culture. Even though that was the exact scene I longed to be a part of. I was told I wasn’t edgy enough and I didn’t have the heart for it yet. That made me sad at the time but I’m grateful for it now because it hid me and protected me from certain demons. I experienced the residue of certain demons but only because I played with them. I didn’t get too deep into traumas because I wouldn’t let them change or possess me. It took me many years to realize I was aspiring towards the wrong thing. 2020 is when I turned my heart back to finding my purpose in God only. I thank God for protecting me through those years when I was trying to be something I wasn’t just to feel a sense of belonging to people who loved music and culture as much as I did. It was truly a trap.
... "A Beautiful Struggle"

MELa
Musically.Entertaining.Lyrically.Alluring.