Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI always thought her initial point was always trash.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13396877&mesg_id=13477236
13477236, I always thought her initial point was always trash.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Tue Jan-24-23 11:07 AM
The idea that the Roots didn't properly mourn there "friend" was always a terrible point.

Who is anyone else to tell anyone else how they should mourn a relationship that they were not a part of.

All the people judging how the Roots dealt with Malik B, were not the ones in actual relationships with Malik B or try to work with this person who struggled with addiction. The heavy-handedness and moral grandstanding towards people we don't know in the actual relationships was gross.

I think if the relationship with Malik B ended poorly and on bad terms, the classiest thing to do would be to keep their mouths shut, even as people very openly judged how you handled it.

And I say this not as a Roots fan (I am not arguing that these dudes are great people incapable of treating people poorly, I don't know them), I say this as someone who has been in similar situations.

And what eventually came through was it wasn't about Malik B. She exploited Malik B's death in order to air all of her grievances, real and imagined.

I don't think is a case of a person with a good point going off the rails. She was the same person from start to finish. A toxic bitter person with Axe's to grind because she saw her peers enjoy success that never happened for her.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"