Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectBut it is industry 4080 shit
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13396877&mesg_id=13397609
13397609, But it is industry 4080 shit
Posted by legsdiamond, Wed Aug-05-20 04:02 PM
Friends fall out over business all the time and this is when you find out who your real friends are..

No shade to Philly niggas but... they a lil different. I lived there during her rise to fame and I was close with a number of producers and artist trying to get on. Niggas is grimy fam. Smile in your face, come to the crib to hear your beats and then steal your equipment a week later.

I don’t doubt any of her stories about the business side of things. I completely understand how she feels betrayed. You see how they did Jill. Wouldn’t sign her because of the way she looked. Didn’t believe she would sell records. Left Eve waiting for a limo that never came for the video.

That’s not abuse tho..

She even said she turned down more money because she was loyal to people who weren’t loyal to her. I believe it. But I mean... that’s the music biz. It’s ugly she should’ve taken that deal. I’m sure a lot of her frustration and regret is not putting her biz first.

Who was her manager? A lot of this really comes down to who her manager was because if it was the same manager as the Roots? Who you think brokered that deal for the tour without her for more money? It wasn’t Quest and BT. It was the manager.