Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectim not sure why i stayed worried about my job
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13396141&mesg_id=13396705
13396705, im not sure why i stayed worried about my job
Posted by mista k5, Thu Jul-30-20 04:17 PM
all is well now. workload is light. i get annoyed but im paid well. no talks of cuts in hours. monthly hazard bonus pay for working in the office. just got told were getting the yearly pay raise.

yet im worried.

about to complete my third year here, have gotten 8% pay raise total from when i was hired. each year it feels like its kinda small but at least it happens every year without a fight.

looks like the pandemic may have affected the sale of the company, no conclusive word yet.

i wanted to take the news of the raise as a good sign but based on my last job it could easily turn south. could just be a morale boost before the bad news comes. department has been a bit up and down this year in workload and thats probably the biggest reason im worried. as far as i know the company is doing well, even increasing revenue through the pandemic. i cant help but feel like the economy will catch up with us eventually though.

not making any changes to the monthly budget, just use some of the new money to make bigger payments on credit cards.

maybe have a little monkey shoulder tonight.