Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectA guy I know from the scene has been hitting up people for money.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13396141&mesg_id=13396371
13396371, A guy I know from the scene has been hitting up people for money.
Posted by PROMO, Wed Jul-29-20 03:36 PM
He hit me up a few months back and I was about to send it (I was literally in my PayPal about hit the send button) then I got suspicious and got a "scam-y" vibe and did some research and the whole thing felt even more like a scam (like maybe he got hacked and didn't even know someone was doing this).

so i never sent it.

he hit me up again a few days ago w/ the same kind of request. this time, i completely ignored it. after a day of ignoring it he hit me again apologizing for having to ask but saying he was just in a bind. it still felt scam-ish because he mentioned in the first message that he knows he still owes me from the first time. BUT, he doesn't, because i never sent the money.

so, is it a scam, or is it just so bad he can't even remember who he's gotten money from?

i ignored his second message too. i mean, i'm being generous in guessing that the last time i saw dude in person was 6 years ago. we are "friends" in the sense that if i saw him in passing on the street i'd say waddup and chat for a minutes about cliche shit like "hows the fam" but like, i basically only know whatever he's posted on FB. we are FB acquaintances at most.