Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectPssst- none of that matters, at all.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13396141&mesg_id=13396237
13396237, Pssst- none of that matters, at all.
Posted by Cold Truth, Wed Jul-29-20 11:16 AM
The correct response is, that's not fodder for e-beef discussion, either way. It's irrelevant.

The issue here is, you like to talk about the people in the room and the opinions being expressed, but not to the people.

So you got called on that.
Point blank, period.

You could have:

-Ignored me
-Discussed it, and explained why I was wrong.

Those are both perfectly reasonable, stable options.

You chose option C: Fuck you, you need therapy. lmao

You chose an emotional, angry personal attack. A definitively unstable choice. You then made an even more unstable choice to make your CW post.

As I've pointed out, you've done similar things recently, going WAY above and beyond. Shit, you didn't even contribute to the post itself- but you did make some snide remarks about the people and opinions expressed in the room.

None of those actions are exactly the mark of stability, and yet here you are, trying to attack my mental health in response, rather than address the actual issue at hand in the other post.

Even now, we *could* turn this around and actually discuss this like grown ass men.

I'm good to do that.
I'm pretty sure you won't do that.

But one thing you won't do without getting called out, is try to attack my mental health to deflect from the way you engage. Because my mental health has nothing at all to do with the way you choose to engage.

Case in point: It's 9:17, Pacific time..... and the first Confession Wednesday post is you attacking another poster's mental health, ensuring that the post gets locked, because your self-centered ass decided that your need to personally attack another person was more important than allowing the community safe space to remain just that:

A community safe space.

Guess what?

That safe space isn't a space for you to levy personal attacks on other posters.

But you're too selfish- ahem, unwell- to see that.

You're also betting/hoping for a groundswell of community support, knowing that I'm generally- not universally, as some like to think :) - disliked.