Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectDamn I miss feeling "this" way about music
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13396101&mesg_id=13396654
13396654, Damn I miss feeling "this" way about music
Posted by Sleepy300, Thu Jul-30-20 01:21 PM
C/O '98 in the building

In no particular order...going to go based on what memories come to mind when I think about certain albums:

Going into HS, I was fresh off of Wu-Tang (came out late 93 I believe) and Nas (Spring '94)...throw Black Moon in there for good measure; That summer all we heard was the emergence of Bad Boy (led with Flava in Ya Ear).

1. Ready to Die 94
2. Tie - GZA / Purple Tape 95 (Reminds me of winter and HS football still to this day)
3. It was written / The Fugees / The Coming (All came out in the spring of 96 - reminds me of running track)
4. TRU (I know, I know - was working at Kroger and No Limit was on nonstop, lol) / Life After Death / Wu double CD (honorable mention to the Keith Murray and the El Nino albums) - 97
5. EPMD Back in Business Fall 97 / Dark Man X ran spring of 98 when I graduated

Shots out to the emergence of Missy & Timbo (Ginuwine, Aaliya was killing), D'angelo, K-ci / JoJo (All my life was played at every damn prom I bet) and Baduizm (played this nonstop on my way to work - Taco Bell, lol).

After that...going into college was a hell of a run (Aquemini, Miseducation, Jay Z vol 2, Black Star...)

Far too many to name, I'm missing a bunch...thanks for this one.