Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectThank you and Fuck You :)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13396063&mesg_id=13396774
13396774, Thank you and Fuck You :)
Posted by Damali, Fri Jul-31-20 09:40 AM
>It such a standard line to say I don't mind debating people
>or people with different opinions but I won't engage racists,
>misogynist or homophobes which is a sentiment I get and
>understand but its a cop out whenever you encounter an opinion
>you don't like or is challenging you just dismiss them by
>labeling them any of those things.

actually referring to misogyny, homophobia and racism as "an opinion you don't like" is the cop out, my dude LOL

>Damali herself has called me all of those things (maybe not
>racist) but the fact is IRL, when she needed help getting a
>job I made my resources in her field available to her, the
>fact is when she implored people to give her money IRL I
>gladly gave her money IRL. The fact is I freely gave my legal
>advice which she herself credits with saving her job IRL.

yup and if/when you make misogynist or anti gay, anti trans statements again, I will call you out on it every time.

and if you're ever in a situation where you need help, imma jump at the chance to help you cuz you've held me down multiple times bruh..i got you too!

and then after that, imma still cuss you ass out when you say some homophobic or misogynist shit.

one does not cancel out the other, my dear. I hope that's clear from now on.
>
>But she is one of the good guys and I am the awful misogynist
>because she didn't like my interpretation of a Movie or TV
>show?
>
>GTFOHWTBS

i agree with you..that's some bullshit because i fuck up too and I expect to be called out when it happens...but i should NOT be considered one of the good guys on here because my words are not what make me "good"..its my actions and y'all don't get to see those.

I don't see you as an awful person...i've seen you evolve...i've seen you wrestle with ideas and debate...i've seen you dig in here or there..its all good

but again, when you're invalidating people's lived experience or advocating for blurred lines around rape, etc, i'm calling your ass out every time.

>The thing is, I would easily help again because that's how I
>was raised to do when you see someone in need

same here...i can't fucking stand legsdiamond but if he needed some shit on the really real? i'm all in.

d