Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRE: When was the last time they found a CURE for anything? Let me conspiracy...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13395398&mesg_id=13395554
13395554, RE: When was the last time they found a CURE for anything? Let me conspiracy...
Posted by Backbone, Sat Jul-25-20 05:03 AM
>But I still question the presented reasons of where it comes
>from and how it spreads and how fast it spreads.

What about the phenomenon of zoonosis (viruses jumping from animals to humans) do you question? It's something that happens quite regularly, and virologists and epidemiologists around the world have been warning for "the big one" for decades. Swine flu, SARS, MERS, Q fever and others petered out without becoming serious pandemics, but sooner or later a virus like SARS-CoV-2 was bound to rear its head.

The fact that these new viruses regularly originate in China is because China is huge, with many densely populated areas and lots of wet markets where animals from all kinds of different biotopes are traded and slaughtered, often with little regard for hygiene.

The fast spread is mainly due to two factors: it being a new virus, which means people haven't built up any natural resistance to it, and increased global mobility of people and goods.

So...

What about the above strikes you as unbelievable? What do you make of the fact that there is a strong consensus among biologists, virologists, epidemiologists, etc. around the world (not just the US) that this is how it works? What would be a *more likely* alternative explanation? What kind of expert backing or evidence would you base that explanation on?