Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectbarely.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13393963&mesg_id=13398168
13398168, barely.
Posted by will_5198, Sat Aug-08-20 01:12 PM
the GOP is brazenly ruining Americans' lives, while a center-left democratic congress would maintain a similar status quo while doing just enough to differentiate themselves. crumbs from the table.

establishment democrats either embrace that latter idea, or just work to play congress-seat defense without any strong ideals (democratic slogan = not as bad as republicans). progressives run on policy change, but I agree there isn't the electoral math to enact it (and the left's cannibalism is real; watch AOC be tied to a stake next).

there's a sports analogy below, and I'll offer mine: democrats are trying to win the Super Bowl playing defense and running the ball. but they have no imagination. progressives have a spread offense and are trying to score long touchdowns every play, but their defense isn't as strong. so they have to overcome half their own team *and* the opposition. which doesn't win the Super Bowl either.