Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectIt's yall's "your either with us or against us" that isn't cutting it.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13393963&mesg_id=13394937
13394937, It's yall's "your either with us or against us" that isn't cutting it.
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Wed Jul-22-20 11:04 AM
I think what progressive's like yourself miss when discussing agenda and issues is that there is more than whether you are for it or against it.

The easiest example is Bernie. Progressives saw it as either you are for Bernie's platform and policies or you are against them. But for people like me, I considered the very practical question of whether he could win or not. And if I didn't think he could win, then the discussion of his platform is purely theoretical.

So yeah there is a sports like element because you have to be able to win to implement any policy. But my criticism of the left is they seem more concerned with being right than actually being in the position to get shit done (i.e., winning).

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"