Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectYour confidence in election security/integrity is cute
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13393963&mesg_id=13394710
13394710, Your confidence in election security/integrity is cute
Posted by Vex_id, Tue Jul-21-20 02:50 PM
and I'd likely peddle the same line if my preferred candidates were Hillary & Biden - each beneficiaries of a tilted and grossly biased primary process (though a process I'm sure you'll again champion as wholly fair and impartial).

But sure - Sanders lost those two primaries, yet made a gigantic imprint on the body politic. Not bad for somebody who was polling at <1% against the Clinton behemoth and then became a viable challenger that nobody in the party saw coming (precisely because of how out of sync the party bubble is with where the actual people are).

Funny how nobody talks about the ideas of HRC or Joey Biden or how they've influenced a next generational wave of Democratic politics.

Because they haven't. They are mentioned as standard-bearers of yesteryear (a failed era of American governance). Whereas Sanders represents the future.

The entire 2020 Dem Primary field largely endorsed the 2016 Sanders platform - en masse. Prior to the 2016 Dem Primary, nobody in presidential politics was talking about Health Care as a Human Right, Climate Change as an existential crisis, Economic/Social/Racial/Environmental justice as a moral imperative, Palestinian dignity, Foreign Policy reformation etc....

The only reason these are now standard fare in mainstream Democratic politics is because of the Progressive movement Sanders spearheaded in 2015, and now AOC, Bowman, Omar, Tlaib, Khanna etc.. have carried out through 2020 and beyond.

No other figure in the Democratic Party has had more influence on policy or grassroots movements in the party over the past 5 years than a guy who wasn't even a member of their party.

>and biden cakewalked through
>the democratic primary by being the alternative to bernie

Biden "cakewalked"? That's what you call getting blown out in the first 3 contests? Lol yikes. Only reason your boy got the nod is because Amy, Pete, and the entire party apparatus panicked after Nevada and desperately coalesced around the worst candidate in the primary just to stop a Sanders nomination.

-->