Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectThe Democrats: Better Republicans than the Actual Republicans
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13393963&mesg_id=13394649
13394649, The Democrats: Better Republicans than the Actual Republicans
Posted by Walleye, Tue Jul-21-20 12:45 PM
Yeah, I mean the only thing he's missing is that he's not a troop. Though I think the amount of pleasure that the Democrat donor class would get from a former office-holding Republican apostate who was also a troop would be so sublimely erotic that Kasich would object to it. Or we would just stare in rapt, paralyzed pleasure, face twisted into a horrifying rictus at the elegance of the political triangulation that we wouldn't even show up to vote. He's the Infinite Jest of Democrat spokespeople.

>oh look it's the rational midwestern hetero anglo male!
>welcome back to the fold, my brother

The only reason I don't hate this very accurate sentiment is that there's no way we're going to have normal politics ever again. It's not like fascism gets voted out peacefully and then the country just ... heals itself. So maybe it doesn't matter who speaks at the Democratic Convention because they're not the ones who are going to fix this. I mean, it would be nice if they'd help. But house Democrats just split to defeat Ilhan Omar's pretty tepid amendment resolving to develop a plan to exiting Iraq. They may not get fully boned up by the machines of imperialism and fascism as Republicans, but they've already proven under Obama that they're not just going to voluntarily disassemble them.