Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectMeanwhile, I've built long, genuine friendships on this site.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13392026&mesg_id=13393879
13393879, Meanwhile, I've built long, genuine friendships on this site.
Posted by Cold Truth, Thu Jul-16-20 01:49 PM
I have meaningful, rewarding, mutually beneficial relationships that originated here, and have flourished offline.

Do you have those?

Do you have inboxes from people telling you they appreciate your posts, or that they were personally affected by them?

Because I do.

The posts where I reply to Case One's religious posts, and tackle, point by point, whichever sermons/articles/etc... I have several inboxes from people telling me they appreciate that I do that.

When I posted about my difficulties with my younger brother, I got inboxes from people telling me they appreciated the post, because they personally identified with it.

When I posted about my struggling- and ultimately failed- marriage, I got inboxes from people not simply wishing me well, but voicing their appreciation for my candor. Because it hit home. To quote one subject line, referencing my post:

"A LOT of what you said resonates"

Because, warts and all, I'm a genuine human being.

I've made public posts dedicated to lifting up other posters going through a hardship. Do you do that?

Have you ever defended someone, with real, legit, self-reported mental illness, from a dogpile, while hitting up the mods to intervene, in an effort to protect that person, even if that person isn't friendly toward you?

I doubt you've ever done anything close- being so happy to join such dogpiles and all. But I have.

Have you ever reached out to a friend in an effort to save another posters job?

Because I've done that.

I've done other, lesser shit too- hooking up producers with drum breaks way back when, multitracks of the What's Going On album, at a time when that shit wasn't allowed or common. Putting out a slew of Alechmist instrumentals before that was commonplace. I've participated in a handful of beat battles, made songs with rappers from this site, etc.

And, I've got more, and more valuable, contributions to this place than even those. I've made objectively meaningful contributions here.

Have you ever even contributed on any real level? What the fuck have you ever done, on any real level, to be a genuine, human part of this community, rather than some vanilla, off brand, sideline heckler?

You?

Your only purpose in here was to say:

"I don't know who's dumber, Kanye or the people who he makes nervous"

"some of ya'll are legitimately upset with a certified crazy person, log off"

That's it. And thing is... that's indicative of your whole steeze. There's not much else to your contribution to this site as a whole. No real contribution, just you standing around trying to smugly shit on people, and without the decency or wherewithal to address the specific people or arguments being made.

This post is a great microcosm of that.

Hell, even in my response to you, I addressed the specific things you said and your specific tact in here. I addressed your general OKP contributions. I addressed what you've said and done.

Conversely, your response was:

"You're probably lonely, you're definitely miserable, and I feel bad for how insecure you must be."

Just vague, general, message board insults that anyone can say to anyone, at any time, for any reason. They're so generic I can't even feel insulted or bothered by them. It's a bad caricature of message board snark.

It's a very fitting way to simply make my point for me: That, despite your consistently smug, wholesale, but otherwise generic trashing of people- you offer nothing else of note, substance, or value.