Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectLurkmode said I pulled from the Trump playbook
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13392026&mesg_id=13392556
13392556, Lurkmode said I pulled from the Trump playbook
Posted by Cold Truth, Wed Jul-08-20 02:03 PM
and you said that I did the "I didn't say what I just said"

So... yeah. Let's not pretend that didn't happen.

I mean, I suppose you could be extra pedantic and act like Trump/MAGA don't mean the same thing in context, but let's be real about it.

>I just found it funny that you wrote a post listing off
>Kanye’s “platforms” and saying it could hurt Biden. Why
>the fuck would anyone who is voting for Biden give a shit
>about Kanye’s religion and VP who is a pastor?

>It’s crazy talk.

You are grossly underestimating religious zealots if you think that's crazy talk. You are grossly

>Let me be clear, some crazy people will vote for Kanye... it
>will they pivot from Biden to Kanye due to his Jesus Walk?
>Fuck No

Again... you're just plain underestimating conservative christians, because *you* can't see it, so you don't think *they'd* do it.

You say some crazy people would vote for Ye, but none who would switch from Biden because he'd run a decidedly more Christy campaign.

It doesn't seem like you know just how ridiculous conservative christians can be.

It's funny, because my stance is simply that it's not a stretch to see this happening, while yours is "FUCK NO IT'S NOT". I'm the one with the obejctively more reasonable stance, yet you're in here with the bird chest on the subject, despite not having any real rationale apart from "I can't see it".

You're also conflating two separate kinds of voters, despite the fact that I made the distinction quite clear:

-Voters who may have been leaving Trump, possibly to Biden
-Voters who would have voted Biden

He doesn't have to take traditional voters that Biden already has, to take voters he may have gotten.

If this winds up a close race, he can absolutely make a difference.

Further, you're also reacting to this as though I'm speaking with certainty of probability, as opposed to speculative possibility, and as though I didn't lead with a comment that said that we're largely safe.

So, again, nothing about your reaction logically follows in response to my actual post. Your reaction doesn't even make sense when you cherry picked one statement in a vacccum.

The only way your reaction makes any sense as a reasonable person who actually read and understood my actual post, is you just being your usual, asshole legs, refusing to engage with any sort of nuance or thoughtfulness, just looking for more generic, snarky exchanges instead of an actual sincere discussion.