Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectlet me give this general example that EVERYONE can see - the N word...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13391258&mesg_id=13391880
13391880, let me give this general example that EVERYONE can see - the N word...
Posted by ThaTruth, Thu Jul-02-20 02:34 PM
I personally try not to use it a lot here because its not a word that I generally use, particularly in "mixed" company.

Other people that would probably not use it in mixed conversations regularly throw it around here because it is an "assumed" majority black space, even if you pay attention its obviously not.

Even though that word is yelled on countless rap songs and used regularly on certain television shows.

There are other words that can get you banned here for even typing, but the N word is thrown around willy-nilly here on "super-woke OKP" where people spent countless posts arguing the minutiae of things like the capitalization of the "b" in black, "#ADOS" and "canceling" certain artists for songs or jokes and the newly dreaded "m" word.

Some posts about other topics that are foregone beaten "dead horses" constantly get randomly "upped" while other posts about subjects that the rest if the world is literally on fire about struggle to stay on the first page even in these relative slow times.

Look at the current world situation and how certain activities are "portrayed" vs who's actually doing them.

You have to ask yourself why and come to your own conclusions.