Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectThere is legitimate concern that her previous actions are overlooked
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13391137&mesg_id=13391407
13391407, There is legitimate concern that her previous actions are overlooked
Posted by Boogie Stimuli, Tue Jun-30-20 01:38 PM
Specifically her actions against Myron Rolle. I get it, R.Kelly performed at an award show after his inital allegations surfaced, so there's that. At the same time, if we're gonna be serious about MeToo and the focus on black male offenders, it's only right that we also be conscious of the history of false accusations against black males and what that has meant for our lives. Should she be "muted" or at least not allowed to host, based on that? She didn't apologize. She went into gaslighting and doubled down when she was called on it. It'd be better if she at least acknoledged that what she did was messed up and that she shouldn't have done it.

I don't wanna speak for CIPHA, because maybe this isn't even his issue, but I can completely understand anyone who has issues with her... especially hosting a show with this theme.