Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectHere's the thing... it's possible you have, but were not among those
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13390331&mesg_id=13390719
13390719, Here's the thing... it's possible you have, but were not among those
Posted by kfine, Thu Jun-25-20 11:42 AM

mistreated.

I remember opening up to male colleagues in the past about bs I was being pressured (or terrorized lol?) to do that they couldn't even picture someone bringing up to them. We might as well have had different titles/responsibilities (we did not).

I'd even say it's probably more uncommon to find an environment where there *isn't* some degree of workplace discrimination going on, lol.

Put it this way.. if you've ever worked somewhere where certain groups appear more or less segregated according to roles or seniority (eg. pretty much ALL of admin are black women; pretty much ALL the executives are white women 50+; pretty much ALL the most senior developers are white men <40, etc)... chances are someone's suffering some bullshit somewhere. ESPECIALLY for folks performing a role different from that which their group is most represented at the company (so based on my previous examples... a black female senior developer, or a black male executive under <50). Workplace bias is some insidious ass shit.

The rule of thumb probably doesn't translate well to the okayplayer situation since it's mostly black-operated, but ya. Most of us don't work at okp tho lol

>i cant imagine working in such an environment