Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectWas it always this way??
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13390331&mesg_id=13390475
13390475, Was it always this way??
Posted by kfine, Wed Jun-24-20 10:23 AM
>
> it's very weird how disconnected we are on the boards vs. the
>corporate site.
>

I mean, I guess I don't even know what level of engagement would make sense. But I do find it bizarre that there's this loyal, engaged, built-in okayplayer community the brand doesn't seem interested in leveraging at all :(

I understand folks can just click on other parts of the site lol, or follow updates on other platforms, subscribe to newsletters, etc. But sometimes you gotta just market to ppl where they are lol (or, in this case, where they post). I imagine a lot of ppl engage with the site similarly to teknontheou.

For example, an anchored "This Week on Okayplayer" post of some sort with links to new content related to Black/Diaspora/African cinema in PtP would be dope. Maybe a similar tactic promoting content related to Black/Diaspora/African music in The Lesson. And, of course, a post promoting new commentaries, events, merch etc in GD.

Sure, it'd be another layer of curation for somebody... but is it too far a departure from work already being done to nurture the brand's other communities (eg. twitter, facebook)? The brand should take care of its own backyard too, imho. After all, its not like posters/lurkers here don't have networks outside okp; there's stuff folks could hear about in GD that they share elsewhere and so on.