Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectSounds like typical startup environment and a shitty inexperienced CEO
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13390331&mesg_id=13390360
13390360, Sounds like typical startup environment and a shitty inexperienced CEO
Posted by Buddy_Gilapagos, Tue Jun-23-20 02:01 PM
I met him a couple of times so none of the accounts sound that much off brand. There was reference to EiC but not called out by name and I wonder if that's because she wasn't part of the problem or for other reasons.

I definitely think there is a lesson to learned that the shitty way you treat employees can now come to light in ways that they never would before social media, twitter specifically. I think every boss should be concerned it just takes a couple of tweets before you end up on that summer jam screen (BTW, is that an OKP phrase only).

That being said, I don't know how much of this beyond the norm of a scrappy underfunded startup. The most direct criticism is that dude was rude to people and played favorites.

It's impactful that several women came forward to speak in solidarity against dude, I hope it makes him and other male CEOs treat employees better, but I can't help but think they possibly torched their own careers.

A friend of my asked me to pass along the resume of his lady friend who wanted some D&I work at a large company. I passed it along to my other friend, who is a woman, and she got back to me and said "yeah, no, ain't no way I am co-signing this woman". It turns out that the article featuring the referral that my friend passed along was all about how she outed this company that she was hired to be a D&I consultant for being terrible at D&I and they didn't take her advice. My friend was like, how can I refer this woman when I know she will proudly trash us if it all doesn't work out?

It's the first thing I thought about when I read the tweets. Were the things they complaining about enough to want to risk your professional career? Can't call it.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"