Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectword..thanks for replying..this part tho:
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13390094&mesg_id=13405658
13405658, word..thanks for replying..this part tho:
Posted by Damali, Tue Sep-29-20 05:24 PM
"Peeling back the onion of all the systemic racism in this country is terrifying in a lot of ways - because it essentially turns what your image of what your city, state, country, etc is on it's head. And, I assume, similar to finding out a loved one is actually a monster behind closed doors - that's not something people generally WANT to face. You then question so many things - including the validity that you've earned everything you have in life. Taking the issues of white privilege and systemic racism on means admitting that you drew lucky cards in life rather than earning it all. That's not something most people want to admit, or to even think about."

if most white people could wrap there whole head around that like holy fuck...well done

i can tell you that as I'm thinking of travelling and living outside of the U.S., i'll also need to wrestle with the privilege I have of being an American...growing up in a place where i get to take alot of luxuries for granted that i never considered luxuries...

d