Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRE: Black OKP's ... you good? You ok? You holding up?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13386147&mesg_id=13386827
13386827, RE: Black OKP's ... you good? You ok? You holding up?
Posted by jimaveli, Mon Jun-01-20 11:00 PM
>I got no words, just an ear and some eyeballs.

I’m trying but this last week was something. I tried to not watch the vid but then I did.

My mama cries almost every day about this. Dude who got a knee on his neck is only a few years older than me. My pops almost certainly wrote about his high school sports career. So it hits close in a few ways. She knows I won’t walk my dog or by myself at night because of shit like this and it makes her sad. So there’s that.

The lack of universal compassion isn’t surprising honestly. But it is still disappointing to see folks scramble to excuse the behavior of the cops. Again. That fraud ass autopsy alone was enough to make me want to go break something or someone. But if folks will shoot Dr. King and celebrate it, who the fuck am I to be risking my life in the streets to try to feel better about something like this?

And the foolishness from homeboy at the top even when it’s clearly time to be a real leader and show compassion and patience..it’s a lot. He can’t just say what he’s supposed to fucking say and keep it moving. Again, not surprised but c’mon.

And the diverting the attention away from knee on neck in the middle of the street is especially sad. Riots and looting? It kinda ain’t shit compared to a man going to the store and getting killed in the street by cops. But seeing how easily folks can be swayed and distracted is scary and disappointing.

Frankly, I think the average person in 2020 is gullible, lazy, unwilling to read and think, and outrageously biased in the direction of whatever they think their opinion is. Kinda like Colin Cowherd always says...folks don’t want to GET IT RIGHT, they just wanna be right. Or just find an echo chamber so they can feel like they are right even if they somewhat clearly not.

AND THEN, there’s the bullshit white lady with the dog calling the cops on the dude in the park. And her intentions were basically to set dude up to be hurt by the cops. You know, Emmett Till shit. For some reason, I’m just as mad about that..maybe even more. Fuck that bitch. For real. And folks have the nerve to be sad she doesn’t still have her dog. Again, fuck her. Hey, you asked!

It all just makes me want to stay in the house and not too much fuck with anything or anybody if I don’t have to. I was already getting to that point BEFORE COVID. None of this stuff helps.

I want to lie to you sometimes, but I can’t. I want to tell you that it’s all good but it ain’t. It’s niggas hurtin, and uncertain about if we’re gonna make it or not. Yeah, something like that.