Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectYea I more or less gave up on one of my lifelong close friends just today.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13385552&mesg_id=13397351
13397351, Yea I more or less gave up on one of my lifelong close friends just today.
Posted by Brew, Tue Aug-04-20 04:27 PM
He didn't even vote for Benedict, but I think his soon to be wife did and is still a supporter so he's being dragged down into the cult ditch with her. It's sad. He's always been a "conservative" but historically just identifies that way and never really followed politics at all before 2016.

He's acknowledged many of 45's numerous faults over the years but just today, when asked by another friend in a group chat if he thinks Individual 1 has handled COVID well, he answered "yet to be seen" and that was basically the end for me.

I've spent the better part of 2 months teaching this kid about systemic racism and decided today he's pretty hopeless. I feel like everytime I make any progress with him, or I get him to acknowledge the numerous flaws in his bullshit opinions/arguments, he spends the nite being brainwashed by Faux and then comes back to the conversation the following day having reverted back to the old ways of thinking and same bullshit opinions I'd torn down the day before.

Anyway I'm pretty well thru with him and like you said, anyone else who still even makes the tiniest fucking excuse for any of his bullshit. I just don't have anymore time for the stupidity/racism/fuckery.

Fuck them all.