Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectgoodness, thank yo...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13385551&mesg_id=13386069
13386069, goodness, thank yo...
Posted by Dstl1, Fri May-29-20 03:20 AM
this right here...
“I wanted to scream at the police officer to get off of him. And not just for his life, but for every black person alive who will go through another round of having to remove people in their lives who find new ways to blame a dead man or woman for their own murder. It’s frustrating. The same goes for Ahmaud Arbery. And Breonna Taylor. And countless others. Coupled with the video of Amy Cooper threatening Christian Cooper with the color of his skin—clearly knowing full well that he could end up being George Floyd— and somehow wanting the world to feel some level of empathy for her after the fact made me want to fight the air. I hate her. I hate the police officers involved in the killing of Floyd. A black man can’t do something as innocuous as watch birds without going through mental machinations. On the checklist I run through every day of all the ways I might die once I leave the house, I can honestly say, watching birds would never have made the list. Now I’ll never forget to remember that.“