Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectim trying to temper myself but ive listened to it 5/6 times
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13385025&mesg_id=13385764
13385764, im trying to temper myself but ive listened to it 5/6 times
Posted by mista k5, Wed May-27-20 10:13 AM
i obviously really like it. its really a project you can listen to in full and be satisfied. i loved foto but it was so long that i hardly went back to the full album. i definitely thought a lot of songs on foto were similar and could understand people not liking that.

this one has more range, its not drastic but there are definitely some different sounds through the album. you wont really mix up BQE or Long Beach with any of his other songs. there are a few that have the "same" sound as most of his music but hes just good at it. many of those have features too that help them stand out.

i was worried coming into the album that he would change the sound too much and it wouldnt work.

i think if someone had not checked him out before this would be a good album to start with. if they had checked him out and werent feeling him then this wont do much to change their mind.

im really hoping this gets him some shine as i like what hes doing, especially as an independent artist.

definitely curious to know what Dstl1 thought about it.