Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI never called crazy. black women get called get called that
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13384927&mesg_id=13385026
13385026, I never called crazy. black women get called get called that
Posted by tariqhu, Fri May-22-20 10:51 AM
on the daily. I don't subscribe to that. none of us have any idea what her mental state is. never did.

I'm saying it may have started out with what she said that there, but that has little to do with her being late, stealing credits, not paying musicians. all of that says dishonest, at the least.

entertainer's business is always out there. that's the nature of the beast. that's no excuse for not doing what you agreed to do. you sign a contract to show up at 8 and you hit the stage before midnight? nah. I'm not gonna let you keep wasting my time. that's on me.

sure, late happens, but not at the level she does it. its dishonest to the folks that actually want to support her. the folks that would bop to new shit if she dropped it, even if its wack. I'm not going to keep supporting with my time and money if you can't hold up your end of the deal.

tell me the last time you heard Bey, Jay, Nikki, Megan, Wyclef, Erykah, Jill, or anyone else not doing that work because their business was in the streets. that's not how that works.

I root for Lauryn. always have. I want her to win. I'm good with the music she's put out and shows I witnessed. However, I can't keep supporting with my time and money.