Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectI totally remember the famous line “fantasy is what people want...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13384927&mesg_id=13384960
13384960, I totally remember the famous line “fantasy is what people want...
Posted by lightworks, Fri May-22-20 12:05 AM
...but reality is what they need...And I’ve just retired fantasy part”, I think it was right before “Adam Lives in Theory”.

I guess what I’m getting at is sure retiring from the fantasy part is not always looking perfectly on trend fashion wise with the perfectly manicured hair, the Lauryn with the cute outfits and perfect locs has been replaced by a natural and wear old lady clothes to try to have people focus on I don’t know the music I guess? And not her fashion choices because that’s fantasy?

If that’s what she was just rocking with fine.

But the three hours late to gigs, sounding very unrehearsed, and just starting to be very unprofessional when it comes to live shows, that’s not as easily explained away by just dropping the fantasy part.

That’s some deeper and more problematic thing and that’s what I’m trying to figure out.

And no before someone tries to explain it as such lol, it’s not as simple as “she is displaying the reality of being 3 hours late for a gig, that’s her truth let her live in it” lol.