Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectHave always had a garden, not just due to pandemic, but it's nice security...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13384786&mesg_id=13384793
13384793, Have always had a garden, not just due to pandemic, but it's nice security...
Posted by lonesome_d, Wed May-20-20 03:05 PM
now up to fourteen 4'x 8' framed beds, plus raspberry patch. Have had asparagus but it keeps petering out on me. Only two plants left, one is dying and the other is a volunteer way out in one of my flower beds.

Currently getting lots of bok choy before it goes to flower. Arugula ready too in large quantities. Have gotten a few radishes, lettuce is ready to pick as soon as our last store bought round gets eaten up. Cucumbers, beets, zucchini, sugar snap peas, kale, chard, spinach all in the ground, ~30 tomatoes sprouted, potted on and and waiting for planting.

Goal is to try to include something from my garden in at least one meal every day between April and november. Germination ran really slow this year though so running behind on the spring greens, but just about caught up now.

We have had chickens for 7 or 8 years now too.