Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectlol @ the latter.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13384397&mesg_id=13384583
13384583, lol @ the latter.
Posted by tariqhu, Tue May-19-20 11:46 AM
I busted my ass on a track a few years ago. track was basically empty. me and my dog and a mother/daughter with their dog.

I'm doing a 400 with my dog attached to me. as I'd done many times before. round that first 100 and I'm getting it! have to slow down because my dog doesn't like other dogs and I want to be sure he's cool. so I'm looking down at him as we pass the other dog.

no issues! phew. we're well past that dog. I lift my head to get back into my run. next thing I know is I'm laying on the track. hurting. don't even remember hitting the gravel. prolly did that extended superman pose you mentioned.

so apparently when I looked up, my dog decided it was time to go see that other dog. so he runs in my path and I trip over him.

I realized I'm on the ground and the first instinct is to get up. sat myself up. pain seemed to come from everywhere. I laid back down. lol. my whole left side is jacked. abrasions everywhere. knee, head, back of shoulder. broken collar bone. skin on hands peeled back and dirt all inside. pretty sure I was concussed too.

had to walk across the field to my car, with the dog. longest walk ever. had to drive myself home so my wife could fuss as me for not having my phone. I normally left it home because I wanted to be untethered. the track is less than 5 minutes away from my house.

one of the ladies helped me with some bandages. she was a nurse. she couldn't do much, but tell me I need to get to emergency for my shoulder.

hopefully, I'm not on video somewhere taking a gravel dive.