Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectYeah, 5 days would be only if I start doing short speed work between
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13384397&mesg_id=13384578
13384578, Yeah, 5 days would be only if I start doing short speed work between
Posted by FLUIDJ, Tue May-19-20 11:16 AM
But when I start getting above the 6 mile mark I usually cap it at 3 days/ week.

>found that running more than that kills my energy for the
>next run. so I do every other day instead. everything has
>gotten better.

Yeah, if I start sensing that I don't have the energy, I just put the runs on pause for 2-3 days so I can come back stronger. I usually see a marked improvement on my splits too.

>also changed my form using POSE, https://youtu.be/shwi2MfxSok.
>this has been a game changer for me. instead of focusing on
>stride, this gives me other stuff to work on. been more
>efficient and setting PBRs for the past 3 weeks.

Pacing rather than form & stride has always been my weak point. I think all those years of track in middle and high school gave me a great base on form fortunately...but because those years I was a sprinter it didn't develop a great pacing mindset. I'm definitely seeing improvements over the past year though....which is good for my age range.

>I feel you on having time. that's why I use barbarian body
>vids. they're short. normally 5-7 minutes. let's me decide how
>many rounds I can handle in the moment. all dumb bells or body
>weight. this isn't specific to running and I've been doing
>upper body stuff mainly so as not to tire my legs. might need
>to change my thinking on that.
>
>is that app specifically for runners looking to weight train?

A coworker put me on to the app. I think the biggest draw for me is that the programs are supposed to be tailored specifically for you and your goals and you can tailor it to match your schedule and equipment availability. He's raving about his results after using it for 7 weeks. They also have programs that don't require any equipment.

My wife does a lot of the YouTube vids and swears by them. I just haven't found one that motivates me enough.
>
>I decided I'm not paying for any subscriptions for workout
>stuff. youtube has everything. just a matter of will power to
>get it done.

I really need to give YouTube another chance...you're right about it being crazy to PAY for a subscription with all these free vids...