Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectthanks for this...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13384397&mesg_id=13384569
13384569, thanks for this...
Posted by Dstl1, Tue May-19-20 10:42 AM
you write comedy as well as everything else, lol. Good on you for getting out there for the reason you did, though...that's pretty cool. I shudder to to think what would happen if I tried to run 200m for time. Pretty sure I would run so fast at the start, that I would : a) quickly blow one or both hamstrings
b) cook myself before I figure out a pace
c) loose my timing and fall (it's very hard to run top speed for an extended time)
Several years ago, I was at a high school track. This was back when I thought I was really serious about running intervals for cardio. I sprint the straight and jog the turns. I had stopped for a break and there was a guy on the other side of the track. He and I were the only two people there. He started where you would start for the 100m. He even got down and mocked coming out of blocks. He took off...and was running (at least appeared to be) very fast. Out of nowhere, his entire form came apart and he fell to the ground, chest-first in an exaggerated flying pose. I felt so bad. I didn't know whether to run over there and help him, or act like I didn't see it. I chose the latter.