Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGeneral Discussion
Topic subjectRunner here. Spent the past two months in recovery mode
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=13384397&mesg_id=13384533
13384533, Runner here. Spent the past two months in recovery mode
Posted by FLUIDJ, Tue May-19-20 07:30 AM
for the most part. Trained hard over the fall and winter for two 10-mile races that were supposed to happen in April but got cancelled of course....

So recovery mode has just been tapering off of running frequency, distances and speed. Timing was good for this I guess since I haven't really had TIME to do anything more...but I can tell a difference in my energy levels..they're lower.

I'm starting to get back into training mode again since two weeks ago though. Ramping up distance slowly and will ramp up frequency in the next couple of weeks (going from 2 runs/week to maybe 4 or 5). I don't necessarily want to go all out because that's when injuries happen.

I've been thinking about incorporating some weight training, but honestly just can't figure out a way to work it into my schedule. These kids get up by 8am and don't go to sleep until 10pm lately... and they're at an age where they just seem to crave attention and engagement for EVERY.WAKING.MOMENT.OF.THE.FCKING.DAY!
It's all I can do to get a few 45min -60min. runs in every week....along with other general household upkeep AND this telework & work bullshit.... (50/50 for me...in the office in the mornings, & teleworking in the afternoons)

I'm eyeing this app called Freeletics though...there's a yearly membership...but it's supposed to be a good app for weight training....

"Get ready....for your blessing....."
"Bury me by my Grand-Grand and when you can come follow me"